We are seeking an individual with a comprehensive marine background and an ability to make an impact, with industry knowledge and an agile approach, to join our design team.
The successful candidate will be experienced in styling-based design, with acute attention to manufacturability. Understand the importance of internal and external communication, and be capable of documenting project progress.
- 3D modelling and styling.
- Build drawings, Renders and Project booklets.
- Turning conceptual designs into mould-ready models.
- Producing original design content in the development of the craft from mechanical to interior & exterior styling.
- Be involved with new development projects including new equipment, materials, systems & designs.
- Work closely and support the shop floor to optimise production.
- Create & maintain BOMs for each project.
Desirable but non-essential additional responsibilities; 3D Scanning, CNC Cutting, 3D Printing and Customer build sessions.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience within design and engineering in the marine industry, ideally within the luxury small craft market.
- Degree qualified.
- Proficient in Rhino 7.
- Strong business acumen and proficient in Microsoft and Adobe packages.
- Good interpersonal skills to collaborate.
Desirable but non-essential skills; Naval Architecture, Solidworks, 3D Printing, CNC Cutting on VCarve and GRP Layup Schedules.
As an individual you will be an organised person, meticulous, whilst exhibiting a strong understanding of the market. In return you'll be offered an excellent role within a growing and successful business.
Salary for the role will be competitive and comes with a number of benefits, plus a chance to regularly engage with the shop floor and also the client base.
We offer a friendly environment, and a chance to build a long-term rewarding career with us. If you have the skills and want to join a dynamic and growing business apply without delay.
Please provide your CV and covering letter here